Cold storage Panels
OTM International Cold Storage Panels are polyurethane insulated sandwich panels, which are used to form the ceilings and walls of the cold rooms and storages of food processing plants. Cold Storage Panels being structurally strong but light, solve the insulation problems of ceilings and walls at the same time. These panels are widely used at vegetable-fruit storages, integrated poultries, meat processing plants, frozen food producers, slaughters, small dairies and supermarkets. Cold Storage Panels can be cleaned easily, does not allow bacteria formation and provide the hygienic requirements conditioned by the food sector. The flat surface design of the panels also helps to provide hygiene.
Cold Storage Panels are manufactured with galvanized steel sheets which are coil coated with polyester, food grade polyester, plastisol or PVdF paints. This coating system guaranties long life cycle of the steel sheets. These panels does not preserve odors like the plastered walls, and does not allow bacteria formation in the joints like the ceramic tiles. Surface cracks does not occur.
- Erection order of the panels start with walls, continue with the ceilings and floors are built at the end. After erecting the panels according to the principle details, the protective polyethylene foil on the panels must be removed.
Where insulated floors are needed, in order to obtain a level surface, the cold storage room structure must be designed with lowered floor system.
- In order to prevent thermal bridges in rooms under –5C, a thin strip of the inner panel sheet near to floor will be cut. At shock rooms or frozen storage rooms to prevent floor structure from freezing (which may cause structural damage), these rooms must be ventilated from the floor level or heater resistances must be placed under floor layers.
- The installation lines like electricity, ventilation etc to be placed in ceilings and walls must be thermally insulated.
- Cold Storage panels should not be used as outer walls and storage walls at the same time, otherwise insulation may become insufficient when outer sheet warms up.
- In order to increase insulation, antibacterial (Food Safe) silicon should be used in panel joints.
- During application, necessary care must be taken not to form any thermal bridges. Thermal bridges cause frost formation and reduces the capacity of the refrigerators.
- Cold storages must be cooled down slowly on their first operation and pressure leveling valves must be used. Otherwise, sudden pressure changes may cause panel surfaces to wrinkle.
|Meterial :|| Galvanized Steel Sheet 0,50 – 0,60 (Standart) – 0,70 mm
Stainless Steel (Special Products)
|Coating :||Polyester (Standart), Food Grade Polyester, Plastisol or PVdF|
|Coating Color :||RAL 9002, RAL 9010|
|Surface Protection :||Polyethylene foil is applied to protect the painted surfaces of corrugated sheets during transportation and erection phases|
|Density :||40 – 42 kg/m3|
|Thermal Conductivity :||Polyurethane=0,025 W/m K (According to DIN 4108-4)|
|Fire Behavior :||Class B2 according to DIN 4102|
Building Physics Value
Withlock System Panel
The “Withlock System Cold Storage Panels” are produced at “Discontinous Process Line”, and named after the special locks in their side joints. The two pieced lock is installed during the production of the panel, after assembly, the two panels are locked with the help of an hex allen wrench from under the plastic cover. It is important to maintain floor levelling in order to position the locks of the panels with same heights.
After locking the ceiling panels, it is assumed that the whole ceiling will carry loads like a continuous slab.
SKDP 945 Withlock Panel
Panel Lenght= Minimum – 800 mm, Maximum – 12000 mm
Without Lock System Panel
“Without Lock System Cold Storage Panels” are sandwich panels which are designed for quick assembly. They are manufactured at “Continous Process Line” and are erected by fitting one to another without any need for special tools. infiltrationis presented by the special joint system. Completed surfaces act like a single piece and system carries itself.
SKPD 920 Without Lock System
Panel Length= Minimum – 800 mm, Maximum – transportation limit
Accessories and Flashings